Position Vacant – Senior Software Engineer
Southern Innovation is a young, dynamic and internationally-focused company commercialising innovative award winning Australian technology. We require a senior software engineer capable of interpreting high-level product functionality into very high performance code.
A career with Southern Innovation is an opportunity to work on complex challenges and developing cutting-edge technology with application across a broad range of industries: from high-energy physics to homeland security; from materials analysis through to medical imaging. If you thrive on complex problem solving, don’t mind a little bit of maths and want an opportunity to step outside your comfort zone, you’ll love working with us!
Reporting directly to the CTO, the successful senior software engineer will be responsible for the design, simulation, implementation and testing of both complex software simulations and embedded production code, in support of Southern Innovation’s technology licensees.
The role will suit a proactive engineer with innovative, methodical problem solving skills and deep knowledge in the design of robust and efficient C/C++ code. As a senior software engineer in a tight knit engineering team, you will be responsible for:
- interpreting top-level product functionality into robust, high performance embedded code;
- software simulation, optimisation and subsequent implementation;
- designing, simulating, testing and debugging embedded code;
- producing high quality design documentation; and
- code testing and verification.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant for this role will possess the following key skills and attributes:
- an Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering Degree or equivalent experience;
- a minimum of 5 years of experience in designing efficient C/C++ code or similar;
- have experience in software for embedded systems, simulation or DSP (Python/Matlab);
- familiarity with FPGA or ASIC design and PCB hardware;
- be able to work independently in a close knit engineering team with minimal supervision;
- excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills; and
- a commitment to best practice in code and system design.
If being part of a talented, dynamic team and contributing to solving complex embedded software and real-time digital signal processing problems interests you, send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to Southern Innovation by 31st January 2012.
Chief Technology Officer, Southern Innovation
About Southern Innovation:
Southern Innovation develops, markets and licenses patented pulse processing technologies for the rapid, accurate detection and measurement of radiation. The company was born out of research to review suitable technologies for the accurate and rapid detection of landmines. Southern Innovation’s multi-award winning SITORO® technology provides a quantum leap in the efficiency of radiation detectors, with wide application in areas such as cargo screening, oil exploration, mineral analysis and the early detection of cancer. For more information please visit www.southerninnovation.com.